Uganda Telecom is Uganda’s first Telecommunication operator. UTL was the first company to own a Full Telecommunications Operator license, having evolved from the earlier East African Post & Telecom Corporation in the 1970’s, and the Uganda Post and Telecom Corporation in the 1980’s and 1990’s. UTL was incorporated in 1998 as a Public Limited Liability Company and has since embarked on an unrivalled evolution.
Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL) is Uganda’s national fixed line, mobile and Internet provider. In 2007 LAP GreenN acquired 69% of its shares, and the Government of Uganda holds the remaining 31% of shares.
Uganda Telecom is Uganda’s leading telecommunications innovator with its missions to deliver the most innovative communication solutions in Uganda. Uganda Telecom provides voice and data communication solutions that include fixed telephony, mobile telephony, ISP and Data services.
UTL launched the Next Generation Network that delivers all voice, data and even video services over one network over IP.
Uganda Telecom has the largest fixed line network and is also the largest ISP in the country, it has the only 3G network in Uganda and offers video telephony, high speed internet, video and audio streaming, live television and MMS. Uganda Telecom also provides BlackBerry© services.
About LAP GreenN:
LAP GreenN is a telecommunications provider with operations in East and West Africa that offers quality mobile and fixed voice, data, and Internet services to customers across (update accordingly: UTL/Gemtel/GreenN CI).
LAP GreenN’s goal is to create a strong pan African brand that focuses on recruiting and developing local talents throughout our companies, allowing us to grow our subscriber base with satisfied customers. In doing so, we will reach our goal of being in the top 50 telecom providers worldwide.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.