Airtel was launched in Uganda in June 2010 and is Uganda’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
As a mobile operator airtel introduced affordable communication products and services that have transformed millions of Ugandans and businesses.
History of the airtel in Uganda;
CELTEL Uganda was the first Telecommunication Company in Uganda that was introduced in 1995 and transformed telephony by connecting people with the use of a mobile phone.
In July 2007 CELTEL Uganda changed its brand name to ZAIN Uganda that was eventually changed to airtel Uganda in 2010 thus joining a family of over 260 million subscribers in Africa, India and Indonesia.
- Empowerment; We respect the opinions and decisions of others. We encourage and back people to do their best.
- Entrepreneurship; We always strive to change the status quo. We Innovate with new ideas and energize with a strong passion and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Transparency: We believe we must work with honesty, trust and the innate desire to do good.
- Impact: We are driven by the desire to create a meaningful difference in society.
- Flexibility: We are ever willing to learn and adapt to the environment, our partners and the customer’s evolving needs.
- Our BRAND PROMISE; We will be brave, bold and boundary-less in meeting the emerging needs of our customers. We promise innovative and locally relevant solutions which simplify and delight.
airtel Uganda is indeed a great success story having acquired Warid Telecom in May 2013 and growing to a family of 7.2 Million Customers and investing heavily in network expansion and Innovative IT Systems all in a bid to ensure clear network coverage and excellent customer experience.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.